Is DampRid Safe To Breathe?

Is DampRid toxic to breathe?

The calcium chloride in DampRid is considered a hazardous material by OSHA.

If you inhale DampRid, move to an area with fresh air and seek medical attention if you feel ill.

If you ingest the product, seek immediate medical attention.

If the DampRid touches your eyes, flush them with clear water and seek medical help..

Does DampRid smell?

Discard once the moisture absorbing crystals have fully dissolved. DampRid attracts excess moisture from the air, trapping it inside the bucket and leaving rooms feeling and smelling fresher. This hi-capacity bucket is disposable – simply discard once the calcium chloride crystals have fully dissolved.

How do you make homemade DampRid?

How to Make a Homemade Damp RidPoke seven or eight holes in the lid of a clean, disposable plastic container with the pointed end of a pair of scissors or a sharp knife.Pour 1 inch of the silica gel into the container. Silica gel is a desiccant. … Place the lid on the container and set it in a closet or any other area you want to dehumidify.

How do you clean DampRid liquid?

It is recommended to use a wet/dry vacuum or towel to remove as much of the liquid as you can. Continue to pour regular tap water onto the spill to dilute the concentration of the liquid. If you do not dilute or clean the spot, the spilled liquid will continue to absorb excess moisture and the spot may get larger.

How good is DampRid?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing result, prevent mildew growth in humid environments. I have been dealing with moisture and humidity for over a year now after my 5 ton a/c broke. As I am saving for a new one I have a dehumidifier, bit DampRid truly makes a huge difference in my bathrooms and closets.

Is DampRid safe around pets?

Is DampRid harmful to pets or children? Although DampRid is an all-natural product, it should still be placed out of the reach of small children and pets. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, and do not ingest.

Does DampRid get rid of mold?

(Moldoff.org) DampRid™ Mildew and Mold Blocker is readily available at hardware stores and home centers and works great on both hard and porous surfaces and will keep mildew and mold from coming back once cleaned (Damprid.com). For areas that will not or cannot be cleaned, then testing is a necessary step.

How quickly does DampRid work?

DampRid crystals work immediately to absorb excess moisture from the air. The crystals harden and form a solid mass. Then they begin to dissolve and liquid will begin to drip into the bottom chamber. It may take a few days before liquid begins to drip.

Why is my DampRid hard?

DampRid® is composed of calcium chloride, which is a type of salt product. Because of its salt properties, as it begins to absorb moisture it begins to swell thus becoming a hard solid mass.

How long does DampRid last?

60 daysProduct description DampRid crystals absorb excess moisture to create and maintain the optimal humidity level wherever moisture is a problem. Each dehumidifying bag can last up to 60 days depending on the level of humidity and temperature. When the bag is finished, simply discard and replace.

Does DampRid cause cancer?

DampRid can cause skin and minor respiratory irritation. There is no stated information in the Material Data Safety Sheet indicating that the ingredients in DampRid are carcinogenic or cancer-causing. In addition, there are no known chronic health effects caused by DampRid.

Does DampRid work like a dehumidifier?

While DampRid will reduce moisture in your home and thereby help to prevent mold, we think a good dehumidifier does an even better job. DampRid only removes moisture from the air immediately around the container, so for a large room, you would likely need multiple containers.

Can DampRid cause mold?

Yes… DampRid is designed to remove moisture from the air. By doing so, it helps reduce excessive humidity. … Humidity (moisture) has to be present for mold to grow in your home.

How many square feet does DampRid cover?

DampRid’s natural crystals effectively control musty odors caused by excess moisture for up to 60 days in areas up to 1000-square feet, and up to 6 months in a 250-square foot area, depending on temperature and conditions. Easy set-up and disposal.